Friday, January 7, 2011

Spinach and Corn Triangles

I thought I'd start the year off with one of my favorite recipes of Ciro's. Its different yet quick and simple and a great way to use up leftovers. I often substitute the vegies for left overs in my fridge. It makes a great lunch or light dinner. Serves 6.

500g baby spinach
Half medium onion, finely chopped
5ml ground cumin
5ml ground turmeric
150g frozen corn kernels
100g fresh peas
Handful of raw almonds or sesame seeds
150g polenta
4 large eggs lightly beaten with a folk
200ml milk
100ml sunflower oil
organic sea salt
5ml chopped chili (optional)

- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine all ingredients (its nice to get your hands in there, but careful not to overwork it!)
- Lightly grease a shallow baking pan and spread the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into triangles or squares. Serve with a spicy tomato relish.

No comments:

Post a Comment